If you’re in the business of selling food to consumers you’ve noticed how much has changed since social networking became a part of our daily lives…
If you hope to have any influence in the food, cooking, restaurant, or health space, you need to have a presence online, especially on YouTube and Pinterest.
Here’s the truth about how Social Media influences eating:
- Most buying decisions about what to have for dinner happen 2 hours before mealtime.
- Most Millennials learn to cook from YouTube – not from their mother.
- At least 2 out of 3 daily meals are now eaten alone; while online.
- Most households who do eat together often eat different meals according to taste preferences.
- First time online food shoppers first try buying groceries online because they took advantage of a Groupon offer.
- Most use a phone while in the store to call or text home and ask the question: “what do you want to eat tonight?”
- The best advice for what to cook for dinner tonight comes from: 20% Pinterest, 18% Medical Professional, 25% Website and 89% own network of close friends.